Friday 14 October 2011

Religion and Science

The big bang is the reason for the existence of our universe and all other matters including human beings and humans are the reason for existence of something called ‘the religion’ which created aversion among themselves...wait!!! I’m not against any religion.I do find something interesting in them. I believe in some ideas which are logical and scientifically proven. 

Here I’m going to say only about Hinduism …it doesn’t mean that I’m against all other religions but it just means that I don't have much knowledge about other religions...Every religion is unique in its own way and has told so many wonderful things...

I would like to share some interesting facts about Hinduism. I don’t want to share what you already know about Hinduism but I would rather share some scientific connection with this religion...

As you all know the popular form of worship in Hinduism is Idol worship. I always wondered why on the earth Hindus worship so many GODS when there is no word called ‘GODS’. Yes that’s my belief system.Since I’m a monotheist I believe there is only one GOD and I hate the plural form of it.I also don’t believe in religious books.According to me there is only one deciding authority for the whole universe or the multiverse(more than one universe) who is formless, shapeless and eternal. This belief of mine was conflicting with my own religion’s belief where I worship different idols so I was not very much interested in it until I found something interesting while browsing through the internet and a few points I’m going to mention here are my own points and It’s just my personal opinion...

Before I explain the connection between Hindu gods and the universe I would like to tell you how exactly the universe works(for those who r not aware of some facts about universe)…

The foremost thing that existed before Big bang might be a Pure energy with extreme temperature or identical reversed universe as per Loop Quantum Gravity theory suggests or something else (no scientist in the world is sure about what existed before big bang but something should have existed right??? Anyway that’s not important…let’s assume like pure energy existed) Everything else was created after big bang and everything that was created is well organized and maintained properly be it a flower blossoming in the early morning or a tsunami sweeping out a whole country…everything happens for a reason..a reason which we don’t understand... I believe ‘Nothing is good or bad, big or small until you relate it to something‘ according to the relativity law…

Here comes the connection between the science and Hinduism

In Hinduism, I personally believe that every story that was told and every character in that story represent each thing that occurred or occurs or going to occur in our universe but it never happened in reality ..they are just like metaphors.

For instance...One of the most popular images in Hinduism is that a lotus that comes from lord Vishnu’s navel with brahma inside it. Here the Lord Vishnu represents the pure energy form(as per our assumption) or something which is beyond universe that existed (or still exists) before big bang which is eternal. Lord brahma represents the creation of universe and all matters and lord brahma is not eternal.

Brahma’s span of life is 100yrs and each day he creates everything and gets back everything he created during the night time.This means Universe is not eternal and a new universe is created and destroyed everyday of brahma and this cycle continues until brahma dies off in his 100th yr (The next brahma is said to be lord hanuman. Who knows?  the whole system might completely change once hanuman takes over the job..:) )

Each day of brahma is equal to 8.64 billion yrs(according to the time on earth) and we are living in the first day of brahma’s 51st Yr.I don’t want to confuse you anymore by explaining it in detail with all calculations because I want this post to be very simple and I want to say everything from a layman’s point of view.

Here I would I like to say something regarding time travel..the time is not constant and it changes depending on the speed right? Do you know time slows down near black hole? The machines which travel in the speed of light can travel into the future but forget about the idea as human beings are not capable of creating such an extreme technology... now will come to the point . Something should have struck your mind by now and there is even a story about time travel in hindu mythology.

In Mahabaratha, the King Revaita travels to heaven to meet Brahma and is shocked to learn that many ages have passed when he returns to Earth.Yep! Ancient Hindus were clear about these facts that time is not constant and it keeps changing as we go deep into the universe.

So the idea according to Hinduism that lord brahma is a creator and lord Vishnu is protector who is eternal seems to be logical. Right now I don’t have any idea about the how lord shiva represents destruction but I will surely let you know if I get any idea or if I come across any such article.

An interesting fact that I read somewhere is as follows

There are totally 10 avatars of Vishnu and these avatars represent the  evolution theory. here it goes

1.   Matsya avatar – Fish : As we all know aquatic life is the first form of life that appeared on earth.
2.   Kurma avatar – Tortoise :  An amphibious creature which lives both on land and in water.
3.   Varaha Avatar – Boar : A complete land animal..(There is one more interesting fact I should    mention here .The image of boar carries earth on its nose and that earth is round in shape(not sure if it’s oblate or round). It seems our ancient hindus were aware of the shape of earth )
4.   Narasimha avatar- Half man and half animal : Transformation of animal into the man. (but I wonder why it was not an ape instead of a lion when scientists say our ancestors were monkeys:P who  knows? there might be some reason :P)
5.   Vamana avatar: Dwarf sized human
6.   Parasurama avatar: Forest dweller : Who developed weapons and axes. It indicates the first settlement of human life in the forest.
7.   Rama avatar: Righteous man who developed superior weapons like bow and arrow and formed villages and protected people.
8.   Balarama avatar: Developed agriculture and they were no longer dependent on forest for food.
9.   Krishna avatar : Developed advanced human civilization and ecomomy which still continues.
10. Kalki avatar :He is on the way to destroy the world with extreme technologies (like nuclear power plant).

And the cycle continues J

Thanks for reading my post. I will be happy to see your comments.

18 comments:

  1. When Abdul Kalam meets Avvayaar :) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do one thing read more of other religious stuffs also and lets see how they have told about the whole process............Quite interesting...Fist time knowing abt the 10 Avatars and its evolution theory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks:) yeah sure..i will do that:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm...
    First, good read..
    second,blog is purely your own way of presenting so you don have to say nor mention ''this is just my opinion'' etc :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You forgot the James Cameron "AVATAR" :P ha ha kidding... :P all i can say is "γνῶθι σεαυτόν" (know thy self) its described in the front of the temple of Apollo... the entire quote goes like this "know thyself and thou shall know all the mysteries of the gods and of the universe"

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol...i don't find any difference between thyself and universe because i'm the part of this universe...we are all the remnants of supernova :P but either way we will not get any answer..it's always going to be unsolved mysteries cos the more you try to learn about these mysteries, the more you get confused but i like this confusion because it's so interesting :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Wonderful writing. It has triggered the interests of the reader to know more, but u have given too many information to research about in one single blog :P so make them li'l short and more informative by narrowing down to a specific topic which ll be helpful. Overall a very good one frm a beginner, way to go! Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah. Finally a blog on the lines of Science side of religion, a very
    nice subject to blog on. Good to see one.

    I am reading about Dasavatar in this light for the first time.
    Brilliant interpretation.

    You have manages to share a lot of thought provoking bits in a single
    post. I am trying to digest all of them, but being the person I am, it
    is taking time.

    This inspires me to post my ideas on this area as well.

    Your interpretation on this area is very interesting, though I would
    want to debate on a few of them :).

    Keep them coming.

    - Chandramouli

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks a lot:) I have a few more points to share.I thought the blog was already too long and i had to elimimate a few things before posting but i will try to share them in future:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree hinduism is living the scientific way of life.. science being the most supreme contributor of origin,hinduism goes hand in hand. Each entity,philosophy,event,activity discovers a scientific theorey.
    Great blog to keep readers hooked up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yep...that's absolutely true... unfortunately a few things have been misinterpreted or rewritten or appended by some people throughout its evolution process and It's very sad to see our people started following them blindly without even understanding its true meaning...

    ReplyDelete